My Soekris net4521 with 200mW Teletronics/Senao NL2511-CD pcmcia radio
works quite well with both Pebble and Wisp-Dist. However, I cannot get
the radio to link under m0n0wall 1.1b12.
OPT1 interface has been renamed: Wireless
1. Wireless interface is setup in 'hostap' for use as an AP
2. Bridged Wireless with LAN0 (with DHCP enabled on LAN0)
3. Also tried Wireless with it's own address/subnet with DHCP
enabled on that interface
4. Setup firewall rule to pass any to any on LAN0 and Wireless
5. Tried Wireless interface with WEP disabled
6. Tried Wireless interface with WEP enabled using form 0xFFFFFFFFFF
as encryption key 1
Wireless interface status in M0n0wall does not show any connection.
Using Netstumbler on my laptop I get the correct ESSID and a S/N >71,
but no link. I have tried linking from WinXP and Fedora on my dual-boot
Toshiba laptop. I am also using an NL2511-CD in my laptop pcmcia slot.
Running WinXP I turn off my zonealarm firewall when testing.
My hardware works just fine because I can replace the CF card with one
on which Pebble Linux is installed and everything works.
I would like to use M0n0wall if possible, but need wireless to work on