[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Evan Talley" <grime at forbiddenninja dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  More Firewall Problems...
 Date:  Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:04:53 -0500
Ok, I got the first problem when the IGRP broadcasts flooding my firewall
logs fixed. Now that those are out of the way I'm seeing some others that I
shouldn't be seeing. This is an example: ng0 @0:15 b 66.28.242.50,80 ->
192.168.0.2,3863 PR tcp len 20 1420 -A IN. That gets logged over and over
when I download from my friend's server to my server. Although the download
goes for about 10 minutes, after that it times out. It's not that way with
all servers though. For instance, when I download something off of my
computer at home I don't get any in the logs, and the downloads never time
out. I have tried allowing any incoming tcp connection on port 80 to pass
through the firewall thinking that would fix it for sure, but no luck. It's
not just that one server I have the problem with. that was just the easiest
example to explain. Thanks.

-Evan

grime at forbiddenninja dot com