[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wifi (senao)
 Date:  Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:25:15 -0400
soo if you type in the exec.php:

ifconfig wi0 inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0 ssid netxxxxx wepmode
on wepkey xxxxxxx media DS/11Mbps mediaopt hostap

then do an ifconfig do they look configured?

If you run an air-snort util can you see them at all? What type of antennas
are you using on the soekris box? If you have the senao EXT 2 type card you
must have external antennas. (sorry if that is a presumptious statement but
hey I have made similar goofs =))

Quoting Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net>:

> > Chet suggested I upgrade the firmware in the senao card.
> >
> > Which, to my knowledge, requires a Monopolistic System to do.
>
> I did the above, successfully installed senao drivers
> on my friend's system, upgraded to 1.7.4,
> Station and Primary (?)....
>
> I put cards in the soekris, pulled the plug, rebooted.  It does not work.
>
> The log says PRISM 1.07.04 - but it also reports
> 1.01.01 (one's for primary, one's for station).
> Is that an issue?
>
> From exec.php, ifconfig wi0 shows generic station id,
> no ssid, no IP address.
>
> ifconfig allows me to set some of these parameters
> and see the change accepted, but cannot communicate.
> No link detected, stations can't connect.
>
> Has anyone had experience with this?
> The wall is getting cracks in it...
>
> Thanks
> Seth