[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wifi (senao)
 Date:  Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:52:13 -0400
cool...i know some peeps get sensative if you ask the basics ;P

yeah w/o an external those ext 2's arent worth squat...

ok, so good antenna, check. Hooked to primary, check...m0n0wall sees it yet
doesn't config it....I had/have the same issue sorta on v1 of m0n0wall mine
does not default to 11MBps, it's 2MBps I have to force change it on every
reboot. (yes Dinesh I am too lazy to add it to my image =P )

have you tried them in a standard FreeBSD build? Just to see what "should"
happen. Or, I know you will hate me for this, try a Windows AP using the card?

anyone think it may be a power issue for the 4521? Not enough juice for 2
cards?

oh and i will pipe your issue over to the soekris list...cant be too sure....

Quoting Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net>:

> > sorry if this is insulting your intelligence
>
> Chet,
> all your details gratefully acknowledged.
> Especially, thanks for the detailed example for
> configuring.
>
> The primary antenna of each card is connected to
> an antenna that has been tested recently.
>
> >great range on 5.5 db rubber duckies.
>
> I wasn't sure I would ever need one, but
> I was testing at a friend's house and found luckily
> I had one of these in my laptop bag, saved the day.
>
> > oh what happens if you try 1 card at a time?
>
> Great question, that should have been a no-brainer.
>
> Still hoping to be able to use the gui eventually.
> Thanks
> Seth

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets