[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  Filip Onkelinx <Filip at onkelinx dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:28:54 +0200
Filip Onkelinx wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> It looks like this is only happening using I.E. , did you try with any
> other browser (Mozilla FireFox, Opera, ...) ?  I suspect your problem is
> related to the way IE handles persistent (trying to keep persistent
> connections open  as long as possible , or opening too many simultaneous
> connection threads)

(See my previous post in response to Joey Morin.)

Still sounds like it must have been introduced when that connection
(or whaterver) limit was imposed on mini_httpd, but what do I know?

> Maybe you can try toggling some of HTTP1.1 settings on/off (in
> Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/ HTTP1.1 settings)
> Does it help if you do not reboot, but wait a very long time ?
> Did you already have a look the 'netstat -a'  output before and after
> the problem starts ?

I'll try disabling HTTP1.1, but we'll have to wait a while before I
know if the hangs have stopped occuring...

I've now waited more than 12 hours since I lost contact with the GUI,
and still no recovery.

Hmm, I'll try a netstat -a later on when the GUI is up again. As it is
now, I can just barely catch a "WAITING FOR SYN RESPONSE" or some such
with m0n0wall as the foreign destination, but it quickly goes away and
no other connection to m0n0wall then seen.

Let me know if there is anything else I shall try? (I'll get back as
soon as possible with the results from netstat -a and later on from
using another browser...)

Regards,

Adam.