[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniel Loomis <dloomis at cox dash internet dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Wireless Problems
 Date:  Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:54:35 -0500
I continue to have problems getting wireless to work on my Soekris
net4521 with two Teletronics/Senao pcmcia cards.  I get signal and essid
for both channels in Netstumbler, but I cannot get a connection with my
WinXP laptop.  DHCP is enabled on both and I have turned off 802.1x
authentication on my laptop to simplify things.  WEP is turned on with
key 1 using the hex format 0xffffffffff.  I have also tried it with WEP
disabled.  I even tried manually entering the ip on the laptop to see if
it was dhcp problem.  No fix!

Here is the wireless output of exec.php using the command ifconfig:

wi0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	ether 00:02:6f:05:58:fe
	media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect <hostap> (DS/2Mbps <hostap>)
	status: associated
	ssid fpcwireless 1:fpcwireless
	stationname net4521
	channel 1 authmode OPEN powersavemode OFF powersavesleep 100
	wepmode MIXED weptxkey 1
	wepkey 1:64-bit
wi1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	ether 00:02:6f:05:59:2f
	media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect <hostap> (DS/2Mbps <hostap>)
	status: associated
	ssid fpcwireless2 1:fpcwireless2
	stationname net4521
	channel 11 authmode OPEN powersavemode OFF powersavesleep 100
	wepmode MIXED weptxkey 1
	wepkey 1:64-bit

What is frustrating is the the very same hardware and settings work fine
running Pebble Linux.  Connections are strong and fast under Linux.  I cannot
believe FreeBSD/M0n0wall would be all that much different.

Dan Loomis