[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Stearne <mstearne at entermix dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Static Routes
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:39:19 -0400
Hi.

I have a machine with 2 wired NICs and a wireless NIC.  I would like to
set up a captive portal using the wireless NIC.  I have the wireless
card (WLAN) set up to give out 192.168.3.0 IPs using DHCP and the
captive portal set to it.  I cannot figure out what to put in the
static route to get the interface on to the Internet.  The WAN
interface has an IP of 192.168.1.180 and it uses the gateway
192.168.1.1.  I have a static route set up on the interface WLAN that
has Network=0.0.0.0/32 and the gateway of 192.168.1.1.  With this setup
I can get to (ping, browse, etc) Internet domains/addresses when
connect via the LAN NIC.  But I can't get out when connected via the
wireless card.  How should I have my static routes set up?

Thanks!
Michael