[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Michael Stearne <mstearne at entermix dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Static Routes
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:39:19 -0400

I have a machine with 2 wired NICs and a wireless NIC.  I would like to
set up a captive portal using the wireless NIC.  I have the wireless
card (WLAN) set up to give out IPs using DHCP and the
captive portal set to it.  I cannot figure out what to put in the
static route to get the interface on to the Internet.  The WAN
interface has an IP of and it uses the gateway  I have a static route set up on the interface WLAN that
has Network= and the gateway of  With this setup
I can get to (ping, browse, etc) Internet domains/addresses when
connect via the LAN NIC.  But I can't get out when connected via the
wireless card.  How should I have my static routes set up?