[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Michael Stearne <mstearne at entermix dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Just 1 NIC
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:47:59 -0400
hmmmm since you are PC based, simplest would be to add a nic card just to
configure then take it back out....or wont giving the WLAN an IP and then
configuring your client with the next IP allow them to talk regardless of SSID
since no WEP is enabled yet?

the SSID should be the FreeBSD default of basically nothing.

What does netstumbler see as the ssid?

FYI - netstumbler is a great wi-fi diagnostic tool....get it immediately and
save yourself some headaches.

Quoting Michael Stearne <mstearne at entermix dot com>:

> Is there a way to set up m0n0wall using just a NIC for the WAN
> interface and a wireless card for the LAN interface.  Actually using
> the ISO CD to boot off of I can set up the WAN NIC and the wireless
> card but I can't connect to the machine to do the web based
> configuration.  The wireless card by default doesn't broadcast a SSID
> so I can't connect to it to get an IP.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets