[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "taharka" <res00vl8 at alltel dot net>
 To:  "[|]" <lists at n0t dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: trouble connecting via pppoe
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:08:23 -0400
Howdy Axel,
> Hi,
>
> I guess replying to my own question is not great nettiquette but i am
> very surprised that i have not gotten a single response or comment :(
> Doesn't anyone have any suggestions for this problem or even comments
> about what the log entries show? I thought i gave a detailed description
> of the problem, maybe i was wrong. If so please suggest kindly what
> information i should include in future posts.

Not enough info in your original post. Which version & platform of m0n0wall
are you using? How about a diagram of your setup? Was m0n0wall working
previously with your 1.5Mb service? FYI, your DSL modem is a discontinued
product that was used by Verizon's DSL service & is still in use in my area
(Lexington, KY). No need to set the modem in bridge mode because it's just a
dumb bridge that passes everything. My guess is a cabling issue or the
modem's ethernet port is connected to the wrong interface on m0n0wall. My
Westell 36R516 was replaced with a Fujitsu Speedport & both work just fine
with m0n0wall. For info on your modem, go to westell.com, click on technical
support & select your model from the Manufacture Discontinued drop down box.
BTW, I'm using the m0n0wall CDROM platform version 1.1b14.

Have a nice day!!

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

---