[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Dan O'Brien" <score underscore it at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall routing 2 internal networks
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:03:02 -0400
Hello all,

This may be a very simple problem and one I am looking over the solution to
but... I have monowall set up on an old pc with 3 network cards (1) WAN (2)
LAN and (3) just for my web server.
I want to set it up this way to keep the web server on its own network
completely independent from the rest of my PC's. I connected everything and
everything works fine so long as the interface for the web server is bridged
with the interface for the LAN which is exactly what Iím trying to avoid.

Ideally I would like the setup shown below (to work)

	      |         |
      (WebServ)   (LAN)
              |      	|--------------|--------PC1
	      |	       		        |--------PC2
	      |	            	        |_____ PC3
	      |______Web Server (Port 80 open to all and Port 23 open to the LAN

Like I said it works fine as long as it is bridged to the LAN interface. I
switch it to a non bridged setup and set the IP address of that interface
and it disappears as if nothings connected. I canít even ping the host from
the router.
Iíve set up firewall and NAT rules to forward all port 80 requests to that
IP address and rules to allow all requests on port 23 from the LAN subnet to
that IP address but it still doesnít work.
Am I overlooking something or missing something all together. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,