[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Darren Hammond <darren at hammond dot uklinux dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall to m0n0wall
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:48:36 +0100
Darren Hammond wrote:
> Trouble is, everytime my DHCP lease with my ISP expires, I lose the
> tunnel. Trying to reconnect from home doesn't re-establish the link and
>  under Diagnostics/IPSEC I get multiple SAD/SPD entries. I tried this on
> v1.0 and v1.1b14 - same result.

I think the DHCP may be a coincidence. It just happened again, but the
system log reports that the tunnel was deleted. The other end confirms
this. The life of the tunnel is set to 3600 seconds and during that time
I've been pinging a remote box every minute to keep the tunnel up.

There's something strange going on, but I haven't pinned it down yet.

I have a session open on the firewall at the other end and the Monowall
is definitely not making any attempt to re-establish a tunnel.