[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Hertz" <term at cynisk dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  upnp up and running!
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:33:09 +0200
Hello list,

Just a little report from my UPnP hazzles. After some silly mistakes I
finally have UPnP (linux-igd) up and running on my m0n0wall. It works nicely
with my SIP-phone but I haven't tested it with any other application. Also I
had to add a rule to open the ports 50000-60000 because there isn't a nice
way to let upnpd open them dynamically. Linux-igd is some ugly piece of
software though, it will core dump on any error and it won't log anything
useful at all. But it works for me so I can live with that.

The quick way to get it to work if anyone's interested is to growfs mfsroot
a little to make room for the following files from ports/net/linuxigd and
elsewhere:

libc_r.so.4, libstdc++.so.3, libupnp.so, libuuid.so.1 goes into /usr/lib

upnpd goes into /usr/local/bin

the "linuxigd" dir goes into /usr/local/etc, and gatedesc.xml is edited to
replace the two occurances of !ADDR! with your m0n0 LAN IP.

After you've added a multicast route to your LAN interface (route add -net
224.0.0.0 -netmask 240.0.0.0 -iface sis1) you just fire it up with
/usr/local/bin/upnpd sis0 sis1 2>&1>/dev/null (or whatever your interfaces
are).

Man that's dirty.

// Thomas Hertz