[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Stearne <mstearne at entermix dot com>
 To:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Just 1 NIC
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:36:01 -0400
Thanks for the help so I did get it working, sort of.  You still need
to have 2 NICs but after you config you can just connect to the network
wirelessly, use the captive portal to login and then go to the
administration section which is still "pointing" to the LAN interface.

Hopefully in a future release this could be a little easier to get
going.

Thanks,
Michael

On Jun 22, 2004, at 2:03 PM, Chet Harvey wrote:

> all I did was just make sure that the WLAN had the same default allow
> any
> outbound rule that the LAN did. I cant think of really much else that
> would
> need to be done.
>
> then again I am on 3 hours sleep so I may not be thinking clearly =)
>
> Quoting Michael Stearne <mstearne at entermix dot com>:
>
>> I didn't mean to send that last one....
>> On Jun 22, 2004, at 11:22 AM, Chet Harvey wrote:
>>
>>> iStumbler...a man after my own heart....I love my PowerBook. =)
>>>

>> :-)
>>
>>> I think once you setup the WLAN, mirror the WLAN setup after the LAN
>>> rules,
>>> etc. I access my m0n0 off my wi-fi only. should be simple to do....I