[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  Filip Onkelinx <Filip at onkelinx dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:54:54 +0200
Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Adam Nellemann wrote:
>

>>Filip Onkelinx wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Adam,
>>>
>>>It looks like this is only happening using I.E. , did you try with any
>>>other browser (Mozilla FireFox, Opera, ...) ?  I suspect your problem is
>>>related to the way IE handles persistent (trying to keep persistent
>>>connections open  as long as possible , or opening too many simultaneous
>>>connection threads)
>>
>>(See my previous post in response to Joey Morin.)
>>
>>Still sounds like it must have been introduced when that connection
>>(or whaterver) limit was imposed on mini_httpd, but what do I know?
>>

> i wrote the patch to mini_httpd to return a 503 http error (server
> overloaded) when the connection limit is reached. iianm, manuel has set
> the web server to max 8 simultanoues connections in the normal webgui and
> 16 in the captive portal.
>
> Regards,                           /\_/\   "All dogs go to heaven."
> dinesh at alphaque dot com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/
> +==========================----oOO--(_)--OOo----==========================+
> | for a in past present future; do                                        |
> |   for b in clients employers associates relatives neighbours pets; do   |
> |   echo "The opinions here in no way reflect the opinions of my $a $b."  |
> | done; done                                                              |
> +=========================================================================+

Hmm, I'm afraid I don't know which error I got precisly (not the least
due to the obscure way IE reports these errors)? I'll take a closer
look the next time it happens...

But still, I should think that if this were really related to the max.
connection limit recently imposed, these connections would time out or
some such, so I would be able, after a wait, to connect again. Since
I've tried waiting 12 hours (including reseting my client PC at least
once) without any change, I guess it must be something else?

Anything I can do to gathe further information for you about this?
(And am I still the only one seeing this? If so, I guess it could be
some obscure RAM or CF error?)

Adam.