[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  "'Adam Nellemann'" <adam at nellemann dot nu>, "'Dinesh Nair'" <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  "'Filip Onkelinx'" <Filip at onkelinx dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:50:25 -0400
Adam, I had not seen the problem before tonight when I really tried to beat
my soekris 4511 to a pulp. I managed to kill it just like you describe. I
started at the top of the page and hit every link just as fast as soekris
would deliver them, got all the way down and back up to Aliases before I got
a Server Busy page, I hit back, and managed to click a few more pages before
I lost all connectivity to the GUI. Now all I get is "Cannot find server"
yet I still have access to outside pages and mail still seems to go thru
fine. I generally use IE but Firefox cannot get to the GUI right now either.
I hooked up my laptop to the console to reboot it and noticed that the
wireless link was down and would not connect. After a reboot, things are
almost normal, wireless is still down now but that may be a different issue.
I have just hammered it with Firefox .08 and I cannot kill the GUI with it.
Went back to IE and could not make it down the list before getting locked
out again. This is using IE6 SP1, and I suspect it could be a browser issue
but for the life of me can't figure why the GUI would respond any different
using one or the other.

Dave