[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joey Morin <jmorin at icomm dot ca>
 To:  David Kitchens <spider at webweaver dot com>
 Cc:  "'Adam Nellemann'" <adam at nellemann dot nu>, "'Dinesh Nair'" <dinesh at alphaque dot com>, "'Filip Onkelinx'" <Filip at onkelinx dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:03:22 -0400 (EDT)
This one time, at band camp, David Kitchens said:

> Adam, I had not seen the problem before tonight when I really tried to
> beat my soekris 4511 to a pulp. I managed to kill it just like you
> describe. I started at the top of the page and hit every link just as
> fast as soekris would deliver them, got all the way down and back up to
> Aliases before I got a Server Busy page, I hit back, and managed to
> click a few more pages before I lost all connectivity to the GUI. Now
> all I get is "Cannot find server" yet I still have access to outside
> pages and mail still seems to go thru fine. I generally use IE but
> Firefox cannot get to the GUI right now either. I hooked up my laptop to
> the console to reboot it and noticed that the wireless link was down and
> would not connect. After a reboot, things are almost normal, wireless is
> still down now but that may be a different issue. I have just hammered
> it with Firefox .08 and I cannot kill the GUI with it. Went back to IE
> and could not make it down the list before getting locked out again.
> This is using IE6 SP1, and I suspect it could be a browser issue but for
> the life of me can't figure why the GUI would respond any different
> using one or the other.

i used http://grc.com to find out what my browser headers were:

Mozilla 1.7:
------------
Accept:
	text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Keep-Alive: 300
Secure: https://grc.com
Nonsecure: http://www.grc.com

IE6 SP1:
--------
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
	application/x-shockwave-flash,
	application/vnd.ms-powerpoint,
	application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Cache-Control: no-cache
Secure: https://grc.com
Nonsecure: http://www.grc.com

perhaps this will help manuel, or dinesh, or someone else track down this
strange behaviour.

personally, i never use IE, and i've never had any problems with the m0n0
gui using mozilla.

jj