[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Joey Morin <jmorin at icomm dot ca>
 To:  sonjaya <son underscore jaya at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  mono wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] configure wan
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:45:46 -0400 (EDT)
This one time, at band camp, sonjaya said:

> i want change the ip of wan , but i can do that , here my configuration
> networking :
> lan01(<-->lan02(<-->lan

do you mean you CAN'T change your WAN IP?

> my last question , if i want mount the hardisk ( containe m0n0wall
> system ) in my linux machine how ..

if your m0n0 hd is hda:

	mount -o ro -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd /dev/hda4 /mnt/hd

you'll find /mnt/hd/mfsroot.gz.  unzip it somewhere:

	gunzip < /mnt/hd/mfsroot.gz > /tmp/mfsroot.ufs

then you need to mount the root fs with something like this:

	mkdir /mnt/mfs
	mount -o ro,loop -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd /tmp/mfsroot /mnt/mfs

check out:

if you can't extract the script from the above link, i can send you an
attachment directly.

p.s. thanks to klode for help figuring this out.