[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:47:47 +0200
David Kitchens wrote:

> Adam, I had not seen the problem before tonight when I really tried to beat
> my soekris 4511 to a pulp. I managed to kill it just like you describe. I
> started at the top of the page and hit every link just as fast as soekris
> would deliver them, got all the way down and back up to Aliases before I got
> a Server Busy page, I hit back, and managed to click a few more pages before
> I lost all connectivity to the GUI. Now all I get is "Cannot find server"
> yet I still have access to outside pages and mail still seems to go thru
> fine. I generally use IE but Firefox cannot get to the GUI right now either.
> I hooked up my laptop to the console to reboot it and noticed that the
> wireless link was down and would not connect. After a reboot, things are
> almost normal, wireless is still down now but that may be a different issue.
> I have just hammered it with Firefox .08 and I cannot kill the GUI with it.
> Went back to IE and could not make it down the list before getting locked
> out again. This is using IE6 SP1, and I suspect it could be a browser issue
> but for the life of me can't figure why the GUI would respond any different
> using one or the other.
>
> Dave

Whew, finally somone else experiencing this problem, I was beginning
to think it was me having some kind of fever or something :(

I understand that this appear to be an issue only with IE (and
possibly only with 6SP1, which is also my version. Even so, I see no
such problems with any other http servers on the internet, so I must
still assume it is a m0n0wall specific issue, especially since I've
had no such problems with m0n0wall versions prior to 1.1b13)

I'll try the telnet thing next time it happens Dinesh!

Adam.