[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Zadikem, Travis-taz" <tzadikem at picosecond dot com>
 To:  "Monowall \(E-mail\)" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  netbios over VPN
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:08:46 -0600
Hello everyone,
  I am new to the list and have a question to ask.  I know that LINKSYS supports via the advanced
menu netbios over vpn.  I don't see this option in m0n0wall and would like to know how to get the
following
working right. I have browsed thru the archives and see similar problems coming up, but have not
seen a resolution.
My network is as follows:

Site A has a network of
192.168.1.0

Site B has a network of
192.168.2.0

They are connected VPN but you can not browse them thru network neighborhood.  I do have
a wins server on each side, but they won't replicate because something is being blocked between
them.
I can ping from a ping the machine at the other end just fine. I want to be able to
browse the machines on the other side (Windows 2000, and NT 4 machines).  Can
someone please send me a working example and or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

taz

taz