[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  David Kitchens <spider at webweaver dot com>
 Cc:  'Dinesh Nair' <dinesh at alphaque dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:58:32 +0200
David Kitchens wrote:

> C:\Documents and Settings\spider>telnet 192.168.15.1 80
> Connecting To 192.168.15.1...Could not open connection to the host, on port
> 80:
> Connect failed
>
> Do I need a rule for telnet? I didn't think there was a telnet daemon in
> mono? Either way, I rebooted mono after locking it up and I still cannot
> connect via telnet, same error as above.
>
> Dave

Dinesh, doesn't this ("connect failed") indicate that mini_httpd (or
whatever the http server in m0n0wall is called?) has crashed or in
some other way stopped responding (assuming, that is, that David
hasn't configured his m0n0wall for https GUI operation?)

If this is indeed the case (as I said previously, I'll let you know
what I get from telnetting, next time the problem occurs here), there
must be something that has been changed from beta12 to beta13 that
cause this to happen? (And strangely, it would appear it does so only
with IE browsers?!? Dang, once again MS enters the scene and
everything dies?!?)

Adam.

Adam.