[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  David Kitchens <spider at webweaver dot com>, 'Dinesh Nair' <dinesh at alphaque dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:08:59 -0400
basically what is happening is just a port call to 80. If it is alive it will
respond with the appropriate escape characters. It's a great way to test
network connectivity at the port level by using telnet.

Unless he is actually on 443 as you mentioned it looks like the http server has
threaded out it's connections. If we are talking IE only it's probably a
session state issue.

Seeing this thread a while back I did a lil test using IE and Opera. If I were
the only one connected via https to my m0n0wall and ran a netstat, I saw 3 or 4
established sessions. With IE I hit refresh and it would increase by one or
two. Keep going and it would freeze when it hit the concurrent connection limit.

Opera didn't do that.

not knowing enough under the hood of mini_httpd is there a session state
variable that can be modded?

Quoting Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>:

> David Kitchens wrote:
>

> > C:\Documents and Settings\spider>telnet 192.168.15.1 80
> > Connecting To 192.168.15.1...Could not open connection to the host, on
> port
> > 80:
> > Connect failed
> >
> > Do I need a rule for telnet? I didn't think there was a telnet daemon in
> > mono? Either way, I rebooted mono after locking it up and I still cannot
> > connect via telnet, same error as above.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> Dinesh, doesn't this ("connect failed") indicate that mini_httpd (or
> whatever the http server in m0n0wall is called?) has crashed or in
> some other way stopped responding (assuming, that is, that David
> hasn't configured his m0n0wall for https GUI operation?)
>
> If this is indeed the case (as I said previously, I'll let you know
> what I get from telnetting, next time the problem occurs here), there
> must be something that has been changed from beta12 to beta13 that
> cause this to happen? (And strangely, it would appear it does so only
> with IE browsers?!? Dang, once again MS enters the scene and
> everything dies?!?)
>
> Adam.
>
> Adam.

Chet Harvey