[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:18:39 +0200
Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Joey Morin wrote:
>

>>maybe one of the listers experiencing this problem could enable
>>syslog'ing to remote syslog server, to try to capture something useful.
>

> excellent idea ! :)
>

>>is there some way to configure mini_httpd to log extra debug info?
>

> yes, by running it with the -D switch. however, you cant do this if you
> are not able to modify your m0n0wall images, and using -D will cause it to
> not go into daemon mode and sit there until mini_httpd exits. this will
> cause your bootup scripts to hang.
>
> you could however extract the mini_httpd binary from a running m0n0wall
> (exec.php's download) and run it on a local freebsd server to test this.

First of all: Please ignore my previous post (it was obviously
outdated, I should have read the more recent posts before posting
myself, sorry!)

Since I'm running a syslog daemon on my workstation PC, I thought I
would see if something got logged. Unfortunatly that does not appear
to be the case (and I don't think I have the expertise to enable that
-D option I'm afraid).

While I can't be sure, it does appear as if it takes a bit more
browsing to crash the GUI in beta14, at least I had to do an awful lot
of clicking to trigger the bug this time, whereas earlier (with
beta13, that is) I typically had a crash after a few pages being shown
(might all be statistical noise though?)

For the record: I'm running the generic-PC image on a PIII 300MHz
(running at 233MHz) with 256Mb RAM (yeah, I know, way overkill, but
only sticks I had lying around!) and a CF-IDE converter. (Thought you
might want to know that this also happens on non-soekris images!)

Hope you find the bug ;)

Adam.

P.S. As always, I'm available for further testing/debugging, as long
as you are kind enough to provide me with some how-to info (While
reasonably proficient with a PC and Windoze, I'm quite the novice *NIX
user!)