[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 Cc:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>, David Kitchens <spider at webweaver dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Thu, 24 Jun 2004 03:25:19 +0800 (MYT)
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Chet Harvey wrote:

> not knowing enough under the hood of mini_httpd is there a session state
> variable that can be modded?

afaik, mini_httpd doesnt keep session states. and in all cases, once a
connection is handled (either by returning the output of the php script,
gif/jpeg image or html file), the connection is close(2)d. IE should not
be having established sessions.

i do know however that IE will pull a dirty trick of not going thru a
proper TCP 3-way handshake if it detects an IIS as the web server it's
connecting to. could IE be misdetecting mini_httpd as IIS and thus somehow
borking the tcp state of mini_httpd on m0n0wall ? (it's highly unlikely,
but it's also 3am here and i'm a little groggy)