[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Randy Belk <rbelk at onlybsd dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:40:46 -0500
Joey Morin wrote:

>This one time, at band camp, Dinesh Nair said:
>

>>On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, zealot wrote:
>>

>>>Something I failed to mention in my email message yesterday: I too
>>>browse m0n0wall using HTTPS rather than HTTP. This may be relevant to
>>>see if there's a pattern to httpd dying.
>>>

>>is there a pattern to this ? are all of those suffering lockups using
>>HTTPs instead of HTTP ?
>>

>i'm using HTTPs, but have not suffered a GUI hang yet.  using mozilla,
>though...
>
>one curious thing, i have had my m0n0 lockup completely, but just once.
>no response to ping.  i didn't stick a head on it to see any console
>messages, i just hit reset and moved on.   i'll keep an eye on it.
>
>jj

I was able to recreate this problem before on version 1.0 but I have not
tried it on the version I'm running now, which is Beta** 1.1b13. Use
nmap to portscan all ports on your m0n0wall box from the internal
network. I had about an 85% success rate at killing mini_httpd HTTPS. I
couldn't get to the m0n0wall box from any type of browser. I'll try to
kill it when I get home tonight and email the list what happens.