[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>, David Kitchens <spider at webweaver dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:29:54 -0400
IE will maintain a session as long as you keep the browser open to a page. The
problem is, it should reuse the same session for subsequent requests however it
looks like it spawns a new session instead while keeping the old one open.
Isn't there like a 9 or 10 session limit configed somewhere in m0n0wall for
mini_httpd?

maybe if I get time I will look at this again tonight. It is easy to recreate.

Quoting Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Chet Harvey wrote:
>
> > not knowing enough under the hood of mini_httpd is there a session state
> > variable that can be modded?
>
> afaik, mini_httpd doesnt keep session states. and in all cases, once a
> connection is handled (either by returning the output of the php script,
> gif/jpeg image or html file), the connection is close(2)d. IE should not
> be having established sessions.
>
> i do know however that IE will pull a dirty trick of not going thru a
> proper TCP 3-way handshake if it detects an IIS as the web server it's
> connecting to. could IE be misdetecting mini_httpd as IIS and thus somehow
> borking the tcp state of mini_httpd on m0n0wall ? (it's highly unlikely,
> but it's also 3am here and i'm a little groggy)
>
> Regards,                           /\_/\   "All dogs go to heaven."
> dinesh at alphaque dot com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/
> | for a in past present future; do                                        |
> |   for b in clients employers associates relatives neighbours pets; do   |
> |   echo "The opinions here in no way reflect the opinions of my $a $b."  |
> | done; done                                                              |

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets
703.407.7311