[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP server - static clients only
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:36:48 +0200
Stefan Thuering wrote:

> Hi..
>
> Is there a way to limit the DHCP server to work with static (known) mac
> address clients only?
>
> If I enter 4 static macs and limit the server to 4 addr. total it should
> generally be ok, but if those clients aren't always running the free
> slots can be snatched away. :(
>
> A checkbox with "allow static clients only" would be cool !
>
> p.s. m0n0wall is fantastic...
>
> thanks
>   Stefan

I too would be interessted in this capability. I think one of the old
(pre 1.0) betas were actually capable of doing static-only DHCP (not
too sure though), simply by giving a dynamic IP range of x.x.x.0 to
x.x.x.0, however, when I recently tested this, my host just got the
x.x.x.0 IP address :(

This just to add my wote for the abovementioned checkbox. (or
something to similar effect?)

Adam.