[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joey Morin <jmorin at icomm dot ca>
 To:  Stefan Thuering <stefan dot thuering at freesurf dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP server - static clients only
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:42:42 -0400 (EDT)
This one time, at band camp, Stefan Thuering said:

> Hi..
>
> Is there a way to limit the DHCP server to work with static (known) mac
> address clients only?
>
> If I enter 4 static macs and limit the server to 4 addr. total it should
> generally be ok, but if those clients aren't always running the free
> slots can be snatched away. :(
>
> A checkbox with "allow static clients only" would be cool !
>
> p.s. m0n0wall is fantastic...

and i'll echo a previous request (can't remember who) for the ability to
map more than one MAC to a single IP.  in my case, i've got two nics in my
dual boot machine:  an integrated Gbit for which there is no linux driver,
and a 100Mbit card i use under linux.  i'd like to be assigned the same IP
under both OSes, but with the different nics.

jj