[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin Backus <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP server - static clients only
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:37:59 -0400
At 07:36 PM 6/23/2004, Adam Nellemann wrote:
>Melvin Backus wrote:
>

>>Sounds like what you really want is an infinite length lease.
>
>Nope, or at least not necessarily? I just want to be able to assign my
>static DHCP leases (from the list in m0n0wall), without being forced to
>also provide at least one dynamic lease.
>

>Adam.

So if I understand, if you don't delegate some pool, you can't assign
reservations either.  I've never tried to do that.  I've got several
machines which I do reservations so they don't change, and as a normal mode
of operation any machine which has ever gotten a DHCP assigned address will
normally get the same one again, but I've always got a pool which is at
least a couple bigger than whatever I have in-house so that I can connect
machines for service, etc., without having to reconfigure.

Good, Fast, Cheap... Pick any two