[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joey Morin <jmorin at icomm dot ca>
 To:  Samenlia <fhliang at 163 dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: [m0n0wall-dev] Still got GUI hangs with 1.1b14?!?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:43:56 -0400 (EDT)
This one time, at band camp, Samenlia said:

> i got the log:
>
>  2004-6-23 10:47 m0n0wall.mycom.com Info Jun 23 10:39:05 /kernel: pid 83
> (mini_httpd), uid 0: exited on signal 11

i just opened up 4 IE6SP1 windows and started clicking maddly away.  to be
honest, i'm not sure what happened because i was interrupted by a visitor
at my door... but when i got back to my machine and resumed my hammering
of the m0n0, but it looks like mini_httpd had fallen over some time in the
intervening hour.  couldn't get in under any browser.  i'm configured for
https, so i couldn't use telnet to investigate. everything else continued
to work fine, same behaviour observed by others.

i set up a remote syslogd and i tried it again, and hammered it even more.
it failed in just a minute or two.  first i got the "server overloaded"
response.  then "page cannot be displayed"

never got a single line from mini_httpd in the remote log.

did you do anything special to capture that sig 11 log entry?  i tried:
	killall mini_httpd ; mini_httpd -D
but that didn't work :)

jj