[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Portable Userland CARP
 Date:  Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:00:34 -0500
All right the lets cut the BS .. I am the ISP

and moreover failover between isps is a cool idea but not what I was
trying to accomplish.  I am talking about T-1s to the customer site and
in this case the downtime involved is much more likely to come from
failure of a hardware device.

and you are sort of right ... if you were talking about regular
broadband connections you might run into those sort of problems.