[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] DHCP server - static clients only
 Date:  Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:21:53 +1000
Hi Melvin,

Nope, what he wants is more likely to be the standard "static mapping"
that DHCP allows.  I'm not in front of my box right now, but AFAIR
m0n0wall allowed static mapping.  What *may* work is setting the DHCP
scope to allow the 4 needed IPs, then reserve them all to particular MAC
addresses, and then nothing should be assigned to other machines, as
these IPs are reserved, and there are no additional IPs available for
allocation.

An infinite lease is another thing altogether.

OK - back home now.  Its all quite simple, really.  m0n0wall doesn't
allow you to have static mappings in the DHCP-assigned range (good) nor
does it allow you to have a scope outside the network subnet on that
interface (also good), so why not use a single IP scope and block that
IP using firewall rules - any traffic from <dhcp dynamic scope> = block.
Then use static mappings as per normal.

- HiltonT