[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Voigt" <megeek at jvoigt dot com>
 To:  "Adam Nellemann" <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] config.xml magic
 Date:  Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:50:06 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Nellemann" <adam at nellemann dot nu>
To: "John Voigt" <megeek at jvoigt dot com>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 7:51 AM

> John Voigt wrote:
>
> > Hi there:

> > Maybe this just isn't possible or maybe I just need the right escape
> > character.  \074 (the octal code for <) doesn't seem to work.  I can
make
> > this work entering it via exec.php but I can't seem to figure out how to
> > stick it into the xml.
>
> Just a (probably stupid) suggestion: Have you tried &lt; (or whatever
> the right "escape code" is for the character you want?)

Not a stupid suggestion at all - it did exactly what I wanted.  I can't
imagine why I didn't think of that one myself - I guess I was stuck in echo
shell command mode.  Probably comes from not enough sleep.

Thanks, now I can go make the real script work.  And this is a nice way to
add small php files to mono without having to rebuild the image that will
live across a reboot.

John/