[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Development Environment on Mac OS X ?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:02:59 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Office 2004 Test Drive User wrote:

> I'm searching on information on how to set up a development environment on
> Mac OSX, either with OSX itself or perhaps with bochs (anyone got a bochs
> freeBSD Image ?? )

You're probably SOL on the former, since (at least) neither the GNU gcc
nor Apple's gcc builds properly under OS X as an X86 cross-compiler.
Even if that worked, there are often a lot of other platform-specific
issues to get around when trying to cross-build something as complex as a
kernel.

I do have a FreeBSD install running under Virtual PC, made just by running
the normal CD-based (well, actually DVD-based for 4.Ten) installer.  If
bochs has proper CD/DVD support you should be able to do the same.  If it
has proper networking support, you can even use it from something other
than the console. :-)

					Fred Wright