[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Andrew Thrift at Home" < at >
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Routing Problems - IPSEC & m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:07:58 +1200
Hi All,

I posted on here a few days ago but got no response.

I have setup two m0n0walls with an IPSEC tunnel between them,  from the
lan side of each m0n0wall I am able to ping accross the link with no

However when I use ping from the remote m0n0wall to the LAN segment over
the IPSEC tunnel I get no response.

m0n0wall-1 lan:
m0n0wall-1 wan:

m0n0wall-2 lan:
m0n0wall-2 wan:

so when I am on the web interface of I cannot ping to or yet when I am on a machine on the
192.168.90.x network I can ping accross the ipsec tunnell to the other side.

Does anyone have any idea why this is, I presume it is a routing problem.

I basically need to know how to set the m0n0wall's to route traffic for
a certain subnet from the lan interface over the IPSEC tunnel when it's
from itself or from the lan segment!

Any help or suggestions will be very very appreciated.

Andrew Thrift