[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Thrift at Home" < at >
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Routing Problems - IPSEC & m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:07:58 +1200
Hi All,

I posted on here a few days ago but got no response.

I have setup two m0n0walls with an IPSEC tunnel between them,  from the
lan side of each m0n0wall I am able to ping accross the link with no
problems.

However when I use ping from the remote m0n0wall to the LAN segment over
the IPSEC tunnel I get no response.

m0n0wall-1 lan:   192.168.90.4/24
m0n0wall-1 wan:   10.0.50.62

m0n0wall-2 lan:    192.168.100.250/24
m0n0wall-2 wan:    10.0.50.56

so when I am on the web interface of 10.0.50.62 I cannot ping to
192.168.100.250 or 192.168.100.20 yet when I am on a machine on the
192.168.90.x network I can ping accross the ipsec tunnell to the other side.

Does anyone have any idea why this is, I presume it is a routing problem.

I basically need to know how to set the m0n0wall's to route traffic for
a certain subnet from the lan interface over the IPSEC tunnel when it's
from itself or from the lan segment!

Any help or suggestions will be very very appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew Thrift