[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Voigt" <megeek at jvoigt dot com>
 To:  <ulrich at logiq dot dk>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] QoS for VoIP
 Date:  Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:42:26 -0400
----- Original Message -----

> It is actually my question. No did not manage to setup Traffic Shaper for
> VoIP, because I do not know what to do. I wrote this to get some help with
> it.
>
> Regards, Ulrich

1. Go into traffic shaper.
2. Create 2 pipes - one inbound and one outbound both bigger than your
actual bandwidth.
3. Create 4 queues 2 inbound and 2 outbound (using pipes above) make 1 in
and 1 out a higher weight that the others
4. Create rules to pass your VOIP traffic through the higher weight queues
5. Create rules to pass everything else through the other queues

Hope that helps,

John