[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joey Morin <jmorin at icomm dot ca>
 To:  "Zadikem, Travis-taz" <tzadikem at picosecond dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall (E-mail)" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Document share and such via the internet
 Date:  Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:34:04 -0400 (EDT)
This one time, at band camp, Zadikem, Travis-taz said:

> First of all thanks so so much to Michael Iedema for helping me get VPN
> up and running.
>
> I am now in need of an opensource (free) way of sharing documents and
> such via the internet with a web browser.  As most everyone knows PPTP
> and even IPSEC don't always work inside of a hotel via broadband.  So, I
> am asking for ideas and websites to look at for setting up a way to
> share documents, and such via a web browser. Does anyone know of a good
> product and their website.  Again, focusing on opensource and/or
> freeware.  Sorry, for being of the subject

how about ssh?  try openssh:
	http://openssh.org
	http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/

includes the server, and ssh and scp clients.

i use ssh to create a secure connection to a server behind my m0n0, and
then tunnel through it for a vnc session to the desktop.  ultr@vnc
includes file transfer:
	http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

jj