[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  Stefan Thuering <stefan dot thuering at freesurf dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP server - static clients only
 Date:  Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:42:04 +0200
Stefan Thuering wrote:

> Adam Nellemann wrote:
>
>>I don't understand how a "static clients only" option would help you
>>achieve this?
>

> 1. each client broadcasts a dhcp request
> 2. both servers look in their static list
> 3. the server that finds the client sends the answer back
> 4. the other server will keep quite IF it only allows static clients!

Ah, must have misunderstood what you wanted to do (was probably sleepy?)

Well then, now we have at least one good reason for having some kind
of "static only" feature (checkbox or otherwise)!

Until then, you could probably enter a cmd.line in the config.xml,
forcing the dhcp server not to use a dynamic pool (assuming such a
cmd.line is run after m0n0wall has finished starting and configuring
the DHCP server?) However, I am not the person to tell you exactly how
this should be done???

Adam.