[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Alan Lugg" <alan at xstreamdata dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NetBIOS Resolution over IPSEC/PPTP
 Date:  Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:55:35 -0700
This is a problem with netbios broadcast packets not being passed over the
VPN.

There has been some discussion about a module for openvpn, which might help,
and also running nmbd from samba on both sides of the link and configuring
them to communicate somehow?

Haven't seen a solution.

Netgears and Linksys etc do it by allowing netbiod broadcast packets.
apparently this can't be done in freebsd.

m/