[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe LaGreca" <lagreca at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Help passing traffic from LAN to OPT1
 Date:  Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:35:42 -0700
I just added another NIC to my m0n0wall to create a DMZ for my wireless
network.  Here is a quick rundown of my network:

LAN:  192.168.0.1
OPT1: 192.168.5.1

I can ping OPT1 interface from LAN, but not 192.168.5.5, which is the
address of my AP.  I can ping the AP from the m0n0wall.

I really don't know what I need to do in order to pass traffic.  I have
tried creating a static route from my LAN to 192.168.5.0/24 but no luck.

In the firewall rule section I have a rule under OPT1 to allow any protocol
from OPT1 to anywhere, figuring I would need that for any wireless users to
get out to the internet.  I also created a rule to pass traffic from source
LAN to destination OPT1.

As you can tell, I'm not very good with networking and could use a little
help.  I would really appreciate it.  Thank you.

Joe