Hi folks !
Here is some feeback from my recent experience of m0n0wall :
- I just bought a WRAP.1C-2 (3 LAN) motherboard with nice aluminium
enclosure at PCengines.ch
- Here we have four PCs connected on one DSL connection (550 Ko/s download -
35 Ko/s upload - free.fr)
- I happen to have a nice D-Link 614+ Rev.A router (router/switch/wifi)
working almost perfectly
- I took the m0n0wall machine in order to have more power over what's going
(e.g. packet shaping...)
- No problem at first to get it working. In about 15 minutes, i had my
internet connection again.
- I still use the Dlink router for its wifi-access-point and 4-ports-switch
- I tested the simple example of packet shaping written in manual without
But here is my actual problem :
I had to turn off m0n0wall's DHCP because LAN connexions between 2 PC do
work very strange :
- first it is a bit slow
- then, if I browse PC-A's hard drive from PC-B, it disconnects every 20
seconds for about 20 other seconds
- an error message comes : "the network path was not found"
So I just turned m0n0's DHCP off, and turned on the DHCP server of the
D-link, and there it work perfectly fast with no disconnections...
I wonder if there's a sort of bug. I tried every possible config in m0n0 and
on my 2 PCs, I still got disconnections :o|
But no problems concerning the internet (LAN -> WAN)
If you have any ideas or experienced same problems, let me know !
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.711 / Virus Database: 467 - Release Date: 25/06/2004