[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] problems with remote login to router
 Date:  Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:38:45 -0500
Ryan Giobbi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having problems remotely logging into m0n0wall from the internet.
>
> I set the admin page to http, port 1026 (my provider filters 1-1024 ports
> outbound), and added the rule:
>  TCP 	* 1026	(HTTP) 	192.168.0.1 	1026 	web admin
> To my firewall rules.
>
> Any ideas why this won't work? I thought that http://mypublicip:1026 from a
> remote machine would connect to the web gui.

Ryan,

Assuming that you configured m0n0wall to listen on port 1026 for the web
gui (which isn't necessary in your scenario)...

In addition to the firewall rule, add a NAT rule to forward port 1026 on
the WAN to 192.168.0.1 1026.

Tip: If you plan to forward ports, start with NAT rules first because
there's a checkbox at the bottom of the page that reads, "Auto-add a
firewall rule to permit traffic through this NAT rule".