[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Eglington" <aeglington at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OT - wireless networking question
 Date:  Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:20:12 +1000
This is a little off topic, but still a good forum to ask methinks.

I need a way to replace a LAN cable running between my house, and my
neighbours house.

It's actually a duplex (one piece-two domociles) home, so it's not as bad as
it sounds.
But I need to replace the temporary cabling with something more....discrete.

Initially I was thinking  of just having a bit of cable and a couple of wall
sockets installed, but then I started thinking of wireless methods, and
realised I could use wireless in other applications/locations as well.

What (if any) sort of units are available that will allow me to wirelessly
bridge between one RJ45 and another (one in a router and the other in a m0n0
box).
Has any manufacturer yet realised that teeny little RJ45 plugs with
bluetooth(or similar) stubs on them would be a good idea?

Has anyone recently been investigating this or similar issues who could
assist me?

Get a Virgin Credit Card and win an adventure:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;8661322;9498324;s?http://www.promo.com.au/virgincreditcard/firstbirthday/track.cfm?source=N92