[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  "Jan Walzer" <j dot walzer at itcampus dot de>, m0n0 <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPSec, Roadwarrior...
 Date:  Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:35:16 +0100
Well, to repeat a previous pre-announcement, you will have OpenVPN in m0n0
shortly - probably tommorrow.  I am just putting together some documentation
at the moment.

I have tested the basic ip-in-ip (tun) tunnel functionality and that seems
quite good.  I am just starting to mess around with the ethernet-in-ip (tap)
functionality.  If it works as I expect, it should be possible to issue
addresses from a DHCP server on the central network.

This does sound as if it will do what you want - perhaps you would be good
enough to try the code out when I release it as my testing facilities are
limited (and it is very easy to miss obvious problems if only one person
looks at it).

Cheers

Peter Curran

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 13:58, Jan Walzer wrote:
> Hello, its me again ...
>
> I still have some questions left, concerning IPSec for Roadwarriors.
>
> Our setup will be something like the following:
>                       :           Provider Uplink    -----___
>
>      inner Network    :                                      V
>
>   +----------------+  :   +-----------------------------------------+
>
>   | 192.168.0.0/16 |  :   |                 m0n0                    |
>   | 172.16.x.0/24  |------| 172.16.0.1  217.5.4.12/28   10.0.0.0/30 |
>
>   +----------------+  :   +-----------------------------------------+
>       ^-._            :                       |                  |
> 	   \		   :			+-----------------+    Transfer-
>
>           |           :              | Routed-Net from |     network
>           |           :              |     Provider    |    ____|_____
>           |           :              |
>           |           :              |                 |   [ Provider ]
>           |                          |
>           |                          |       DMZ       |        |
>           |                          +-----------------+        |
>
>     Several Network ranges                              _--.-.-.'-.-_
>     With several m0n0walls                             {   Internet  }
>                                                         '--.--.--.--'
>
>                                               +--------------+
>
>                                               |  Roadwarrior |
>                                               | with dynamic |
>                                               |       IP     |
>
>                                               +--------------+
>

> I feel IPSec quite hard to setup and would prefer using
> OpenVPN, but it seems M0n0 isn't ready for that, yet ...
>
> nonetheless, good work, guys ...
>

> --
> itCampus Software und Systemhaus GmbH
> Leipzig Halle Wittenberg