[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniele Guazzoni" <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem booting CF
 Date:  Wed, 30 Jun 2004 01:55:18 +0200
I'm trying to recycle a Sun Cobalt RAQ4 to run m0n0wall.
I'm using a CF-to-IDE adapter connected as hda.
I wrote the generic-pc-1.0 (also tried 1.1b15) with physdiskwrite to a
SanDisk 64M.

m0n0 boots the kernel but cannot mount the root.

Something is wrong as the boot tell me:
hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }

See the complete boot sequence at
http://www.gcomm.ch/m0n0boot.txt

On a "normal" PC it boots fine.
Any idea out there ?

Daniele Guazzoni
Network & System Engineer
Cisco Certified Network Professional
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice;
it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
                        William Jennings Bryan