[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brent Lhuillier" <brentl at accesscrna dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VPN (IPSEC) and FQDN's
 Date:  Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:57:33 -0400
I am attempting to build a VPN tunnel using 2 m0n0wall boxes between my
home and office. My home IP is dynamic. I am using dynDNS to support
name lookups. The VPN remote GW field requires the use of an IP. Is
there any way to get this field to accept a FQDN or can I simply edit
the config file for a FQDN? If not can this be implemented in the
future? I have a netgear FVS318 that allows this to be an FQDN so I am
assuming there isn't any reason this wouldn't work....Is there? Any help
is appreciated

Brent