[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Odd thing during PPTP connections (not working)
 Date:  Tue, 29 Jun 2004 23:10:36 -0400
I just put the latest beta on and my PPTP stopped working again.  Since it
was working and I didn't change anything but the m0n0wall version I know
where to start now.  While it was working I was getting the IP 10.0.0.64 on
the PPTP connection as expected.  Since I upgraded I've been getting the IP
address 10.0.0.142 (The m0n0wall PPTP server is set to start assigning at
10.0.0.64)  While I am connected directly to the LAN I have the DHCP server
assigning my MAC on my wireless card 10.0.0.142.

I'm guessing that because I'm getting an IP address outside the PPTP range
over PPTP, my laptop is trying to talk to the wrong thing to get access.

I will try removing the static MAC assignment tomorrow and test it again
from home that night, but that is not a solution.  I need to have 10.0.0.142
while I'm connected to the LAN.  I can't reassign the PPTP range around this
either as I won't be sure to get 10.0.0.142 anymore.

Any ideas from anyone?  I'll be glad to provide more information on request.

-Rob