[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent FLEURANCEAU <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPPoE + static IP
 Date:  Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:59:17 +0200
Hi all!

I'm about to set up a m0n0wall box with PPPoE ADSL Internet access.
NOTICE: I'm not connected at the moment, so I can't experiment by
myself. I'm waiting for my ADSL line to get ready.

On the WebGUI, if I choose PPPoE for the WAN interface, there is no
place I can enter my static IP, the netmask and the default gateway.
I've noticed that the corresponding fields exist on commercial routers...

Can someone confirm that these informations are 'dynamically' provided
(even if the IP is static) when the PPP session is established?

I've found nothing about static IP assignation in the MPD documentation.
   It explains what ranges of IP both ends of the PPP link can use, but
nothing on the way IP addresses are assigned.

Is there a PPP guru on the mailing-list?

I've contacted my ISP technical support: they say it's better to let the
  PPP session do its job...

Thanks in advance,

-- Vincent