[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent FLEURANCEAU <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall and public IPs
 Date:  Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:12:16 +0200
-------- Message original --------

> Hi
>
> I have a Adsl (pppoe)  connection with 2 ips.

Tell us more about these 2 IP addresses. How are they assigned?

What I guess:

You have 2 IP addresses and get one static IP address via PPPoE. The
other one is a 'spare' address' which is not assigned to any interface:
you have to configure it by hand.

Is this right?

I don't see why the other IP address could not be used as alias for the
WAN interface...

Just give it a try ;-)  See my previous post and replace x.x.x.A with
your actual address and sis0 with your actual interface name. That's
just it!

Notice: DMZ and NAT/Firewall setup are another topic ;-)

-- Vincent