[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Another feature request
 Date:  Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Chet Harvey wrote:

> Just forward your logs to a syslog-ng server and process them there. Lotsa free
> proggies that will make that data all pretty like and put it into HTML or
> whatever. Probabaly dont want the firewall wasting energies sorting thru log
> files.

Well, I figured that anyone asking for such a feature wouldn't be using
the external syslog approach. :-) "Download" lets you grab the log without
setting up a syslog server.

BTW, it occurs to be that one approach to the general issue of formatting
above and beyond m0n0wall's call of duty might be to have some Java
applets that fetch the appropriate info and format it.  That would work
with any Java-enabled browser.

					Fred Wright