[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael A. Alderete" <lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ssh console?
 Date:  Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:51:52 -0700
>> is there a possibiility to connect to freebsd via ssh, telnet,...?
>> want to make some changes deep inside the system, do some testing.
>
>If you're referring to a standard version of FreeBSD, yes. If referring to
>m0n0wall, no, as m0n0wall has no ssh/telnet servers.

It should be noted that this is a specific design decision made by Manuel,
and that it's pretty firm.

I once made a cash donation to the project, and then followed up by asking
for ssh. Manuel asked me what I thought I would do with ssh access, since
there was no shell, no text editor, etc. My only answer was "uh...dick
around, like on my FreeBSD system". After a couple more e-mails, I conceded
that having ssh access in m0n0wall did not make sense, and withdrew the
request.
       ----

If you're really interested in ssh, perhaps m0n0BSD is more suited to your
needs. Or full-on FreeBSD, naturally.

Michael

Michael A. Alderete           <mailto:lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>
                                     <http://www.alderete.com>